On Jul 25, 2017 6:59 PM, "Sean Murphy" <s.pat.mu...@gmail.com> wrote:

> >>       People are willing to take an unknown (right now) performance
penalty
> >>       to run openBSD on it and with pf.
>
> When I was using my ERL as primary gateway, I found that my network
> performed better than it did with the dd-wrt based router I was using
> previously.  Everything was more stable, easier to keep track of what
> was going on, and my work VPN was faster to connect and performed
> tremendously.  Anyone talking about a "performance penalty" is missing
> the point.

I absolutely DO NOT want blobs in or around openbsd whatsoever, ever.

Im saying I'm presently surprised to see so many folks running openbsd on
this arch and enjoying it. I certainly enjoy running it and the frequent
updates from the team, I can't say either one of those would happen if we
were still using ubiquity's option.

To make this clear, I love openbsd and will forever be grateful for the
project, the individuals and the 20+ years for the labor of love put into
the project.

Keep openbsd blob free!