Hi misc@,

I was able to successfully externally flash the BIOS of my Thinkpad
T500 with the latest version of Libreboot.  I'm really wanting to run
full disk encryption on this machine (which boots now with Grub2 as
the payload) and I've tried numerous hacks / kludges / clever ideas
and I'm still stumped.

The path I was on that felt like it would be closest to successful was
to have a MBR partition scheme with OpenBSD in slot 3 at the beginning
of the disk and a FAT32 partition in slot 0 at the end of the disk.  I
copied the kernel there and attempted to get it to use my encrypted
disk (sd0a) as my root filesystem (/etc/boot.conf) but obviously that
was too late in the boot process and I met with tears.

Is there any way I can either leverage Grub2's chainloading or some
other clever configuration trick with a second partition to get things
to boot something that then opens the softraid0 crypto volume and
continues the boot process from there?

Sorry if this is a painfully obvious question, but I'd really like to
figure it out so that I can write a detailed blog post to help
document it for anyone else who wants to try.

Thanks,
Bryan