Yesterday, after upgrading to the August 2nd snapshot, things were working
fine until I ran pkg_add -u and many packages stopped running:

$ xfce4-terminal
xfce4-terminal:/usr/local/lib/libcairo.so.12.3: undefined symbol
'__popcountdi2'
ld.so: xfce4-terminal: lazy binding failed!
Killed
$ firefox
firefox:/usr/local/lib/libicuuc.so.13.0: /usr/local/lib/libicudata.so.13.0
: WARNING: symbol(icudt58_dat) size mismatch, relink your program
firefox:/usr/local/lib/libcairo.so.12.3: undefined symbol '__popcountdi2'
ld.so: firefox: lazy binding failed!
Killed

The snapshot timestamps were a few hours newer than the package timestamps,
so today I tried upgrading to the August 3rd snapshot but still receiving
the same errors.

Reading the archives suggests waiting another day or two for a new snapshot
to resolve this, or build from ports. So I updated ports and ran make &
make install on graphics/cairo and x11/xfce4/terminal, however this didn't
fix it.

What am I missing that prevents the ports from correcting the issue?

Am I correct to assume that waiting another day or two likely fix this?

For now I have rolled back to a prior snapshot (July 13) and everything is
working again.

Thanks

- Jason