I understand that given everyone uses gmail, hotmail or mail provided by
some multinational hosting service they assume mail coming from
residential connections cannot be other thing but spam sent from hacked
machines.  But someone paying for a static IP in a residential
connection is the opposite case.  When you have to deal with thousands
of users you resort to any trick you find on the Internet and start to
blindly blacklist all; this is a big servers problem.  And the more
users you have to deal with the worse.  On the contrary, from my part, I
have just a pair of personal addresses, so it's not a big deal for me to
audit my server and use more sane, less harmful and, overall, more
effective measures to filter spam and to prevent spam be sent from my
machine.  And I think this is the direction everyone should point to
instead of resting day after day more and more on big companies for
everything.  In general, everyone should tend to decentralize instead of
monopolize.  The real problem is the passive attitude most people assume
in the use of the Internet (and life in general but I don't want to bore
you with cheap philosophy. :-))

> Regards,

Thank you for your advice.

+1, way more spam comes from universities and enterprise machines than
residential static ips with PTR records. It is not your error to fix.

BTW Microsoft have their own SPF sign up thing but if I recall it was too
much hastle and maybe pay for.

Keep ignoring those that suggest using your ISP, why would you send *all*
your mail through a likely untrustworthy mail system.

Just accept that hotmail users often fish mail out of spam because the big
mail systems are crappy.