howdee ingo,

thank you...

On Tue, Aug 8, 2017 at 11:30 AM, Ingo Schwarze <schwa...@usta.de> wrote:

> Hi Harold,
>
> harold felton wrote on Tue, Aug 08, 2017 at 04:19:59AM -0700:
>
> > yp-server step 9: i think requires cmd '# rcctl enable ypserv'
> >   rather than just the file-listed to survive a reboot...
> > yp-client step 3: requires similar cmd '# rcctl enable ypbind'
> >   rather than just the file-listed...
>
> True, the FAQ was outdated in several respects, including these
> ones.  Thanks for reporting, i just updated it.

> while testing this, i seemed to find that checking quotas during
> > bootup with only ypbind (without ypserv) on my local machine
> > became locked-up...  hitting ^C while locked-up then would
> > immediately cause the normal done-message to appear...
>
> Right now, i have no idea what is going on in that repsect.
> I never used quotas, so i just fixed the easier parts.
>
> > as i said, i do not know much (about yp) and am still trying to
> > setup yp-password-changing - which seems to want a non-existent
> > yppasswdd (daemon) next ???
>
> That was deleted about two years ago:
>
> https://cvsweb.openbsd.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb/src/libexec/
> rpc.yppasswdd/Attic/Makefile
>
> Yours,
>   Ingo

the link was very amusing (yppasswdd = 'drunk spell test')  :-)

i did-not/do-not use or need quotas either, but it was setup
during my default-installation.   when i try this again in awhile,
if there is still a problem, i will let yall know...

i am mostly just testing/trying things on my local network
so i appreciate the time/effort that yall put into everything...

sincerely, harold.