On 17/09/04 11:14, Nigel Taylor wrote:
On 09/04/17 10:38, Niels Kobschätzki wrote:
Hi,

I am using a snapshot which is now 6.2-beta and I wanted to install
tor-browser. In the dependency-chain is libevent and that cannot be
resolved. When I try to install libevent-2.0.22p0 directly I get the
following error:

# pkg_add libevent-2.0.22p0
quirks-2.358 signed on 2017-09-01T20:29:18Z
Can't install libevent-2.0.22p0 because of libraries
|library crypto.42.0 not found
| /usr/lib/libcrypto.so.41.2 (system): bad major
|library ssl.44.1 not found
| /usr/lib/libssl.so.43.3 (system): bad major

What do I do in such a case? Tough luck because I am using a
snapshot/beta or should I send a mail to someone? Who? Do I need to
install the ports-tree to figure that out? In the FAQ
there is a link to "Report porblems" which just links to itself.

The installation of libevent works fine on a server that runs 6.1

Cheers

Niels

Need to be more up to date. You snapshot has 41.2 but your installing packages
built with a later snapshot which had 42.0.

You need to follow current and move to the next snapshot, this happens
as the snapshot and package are updated quite regularly and can be out
of sync. If adding new snapshot packages, it's best first to upgrade to
current snapshot, do a pkg_add -u to upgrade to packages to match the
snapshot, then add the new packages. libevent wanting 42 and only have 41.2
tells you the packages are ahead of the snapshot your using. The more common is
the other way around, because the snapshot is created then it takes a
day or so to build packages for that snapshot.

It worked and I have a running tor-browser :)

Niels