On 09/09/2017 22:23, Theo de Raadt wrote:

For example irssi's upstream encourages all users to upgrade to the
newest one, see:
https://irssi.org/2017/07/07/irssi-1.0.4-released/

Similar situation with Chromium etc. All of those packages exists in
newer versions in -current, but it's not an option in my case.

I understand that -stable is not place for the latest packages available
and it's expected to be rock solid, but also secure.
The thing is that mentioned packages are already updated in MAIN.
I'm curious how looks the process of merging package updates that contains security fixes.
Well the options are: Get involved and do the work, or watch.
How can I help in case when updated package is already in -current?