On Fri, 15 Sep 2017 12:24:32 +0200

> I noticed that there were a huge difference between
> plain and encrypted filesystem using OpenBSD.

I'm not a developer but I know 6.1 moved to a shiny new side channel
resistant AES. I seem to remember Theo saying that if it is that slow
then even worse; people won't use encryption at all and if they need
side channel resistance then they could get a processor with AES-NI
etc.. Not sure if it was reverted in the end or not. I guess it was
decided upon whether a use case including a side channel attack existed
and could catch a user out, but I have no idea.