> Can you compile a kernel with sys/dev/usb/uhid.c reverted to
> older revisions to test your hypothesis?
Compiling the kernel with a patch was a good learning exercise for me. I
successfully applied mpi@'s patch, as posted in the other thread. To
reiterate my results, Xbox 360 and PS3 controllers on snes9x and desmume
work OK.

> I encourage anyone affected to test the following patch and report
> back success or failure:
Thank you for pointing me to the relevant thread, as I did not think of
searching ports@ before posting this.

> Your system has both xhci(4) USB 3 and ehci(4) USB 2 ports.
> Does it matter where the input devices are plugged?
Good thing you brought this up because I tested on multiple laptops and
never thought about USB 3 vs USB 2. This helped me uncover an unrelated
bug, which is OT and unrelated to the original issue. When plugged into
USB 3, the PS4 controller registers ghost input from the left analog
stick, when I am not moving it. When plugged into USB 2, it does not
exhibit this ghost input behavior. This could be a bug with
xhci(4). But, this can be tabled for a future discussion, as the
original issue was resolved. Back to playing games.

--
Nam | PGP: 0x11B50169