Hi,

While installing OpenBSD 6.1, out of sheer, raging paranoia, I created
the root file system with -O 0. This worked fine, until I had extracted
everything, and the kernel crashed with some uvm error (the automagic
reboot came too soon for me to jot it down -- is it such a good idea
for bsd.rd to reboot so soon after a panic?), teaching me a lesson.

The obligatory fsck afterwards failed, as the level 0 fses are
apparently considered to be too old. Fair enough, but is it such a good
idea to continue support for them in newfs, and the kernel?

I propose that we don't leave it half-supported like this, and that the
relevant code be removed.

Or is there some use for it, that I'm overlooking?

        --schaafuit.