On Mon, Oct 16, 2017 at 03:24 +0000, Glenn Faustino wrote:
> Thanks Mike!
>
> When I was using newqueue/hfsc I used to assign queues to certain traffic
> like below:
>
> match inet proto tcp from any to any port ssh set queue (ssh_bulkq,
> ssh_prioq)
> match inet proto {tcp,udp} from any to any port {domain,ntp} set queue
> (dnsq, ackq)
> match inet proto {tcp,udp} from any to any port {www,https} set queue
> (webq, ackq)
> match inet proto tcp from any to any port ftp set queue (webq, ackq)
>
> And I was looking how to do that when using flow queues but it seems that
> it is not needed anymore (if I'm not mistaken) ,
> all you need to do is define a flow queue and that's it.

I see.  Indeed, I'd start with a single flow queue, but that doesn't
necessarily mean that this is going to work in 100% of cases.  Please
take a look at the approach I've outlined here:

https://www.reddit.com/r/openbsd/comments/75ps6h/fqcodel_and_pf/doemlgi/

I don't have enough feedback and experience with this exact setup so
I'm treading carefully here until there's a clear understanding what
works and what doesn't.

And please let me remind you again, that first of all you need to
identify whether or not the problem actually exists.  Once you figured
that your setup is prone to exposing the bufferbloat on the uplink,
setup the flow queue as I've suggested here:

https://www.reddit.com/r/openbsd/comments/75ps6h/fqcodel_and_pf/doemlgi/

Test and then re-evaluate the situation and only if you see the problem
with downloads, attempt to fix it.

Cheers,
Mike