Je 2017-10-18 00:47, Daniel Boyd skribis:
I'm attempting to install onto a G4 Cube with a busted CD-ROM drive.
I've never done network booting before, so I'm sure I'm just missing
something.

I set up NFS and TFTP on a linux box, copied ofwboot to the TFTP share
and bsd.rd plus all the tgz files to the NFS share.

In Open Firmware, I'm setting:

default-server-ip -> ip of linux box
root-path -> "x.x.x.x:/path/to/nfs/share"
next-server -> ip of linux box

and then:

boot enet:,ofwboot /bsd.rd

The TFTP part seems to be working.  I get:

OpenBSD/macppc BOOT 1.6

but then:

open(/pci@f4000000/ethernet:/etc/boot.conf): Unknown error: code 60
boot>
cannot open /pci@f4000000/ethernet:/etc/random.seed: Unknown error:
code 60
booting /pci@f4000000/ethernet:/bsd.rd: open
/pci@f4000000/ethernet:/bsd.rc: Unknown error: code 60 failed(60). will
try /bsd
boot>

..and then it fails to boot bsd

Am I required to set up a DHCP server, too?

Hello, I had the same problem 2 years ago :
http://misc.openbsd.narkive.com/uSQMW0M5/need-help-to-install-openbsd-5-9-macppc-via-pxe

try with root-path "/path/to/nfs/share"
in fact, if I remember well, the TFTP boot will use $next-server:/$root-path so you don't
need to put the ip in root-path.