On Thursday, January 26, 2006, at 00:20AM, Peter Valchev <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

>> 3.9 beta was not fun for me, so I am reinstalling to 3.8 -Stable.
>> For whatever reason I forgot that securelevel was set to 2, but
>> 'make build' is running alright at the moment.
>
>Did you have a problem with 3.9-beta that you want to report?
>Otherwise who knows, you'll probably have the same problem with
>3.9-stable a few months from now... and then?

Good point, thanks.  I am still troubleshooting and have not
thoroughly prepared the information, though.

At home, cvs downloads are halting and will time out, but it could
be that something changed at my ISP.

At work, 3.9 did not find the 'startx' command and
/usr/libexec/locate.updatedb failed, too.  However, this is on known
bad hardware that can actually serve DNS and time.

I will update if something potentially interesting happens.

Darrel