Hi,

[I don't normally respond to spam, but I need to blow off some
 frustration =)]

"Brian Exelbierd" <b...@pobox.com> wrote:
> Online at:
> https://lists.fosdem.org/pipermail/fosdem/2017-October/002648.html
>
> The Distributions devroom will take place Sunday 4 February 2018 at
> FOSDEM, in Brussels, Belgium at the Universit=C3=A9 Libre de Bruxelles.

Interesting. What does this have to do with OpenBSD?

> For this year's distributions devroom, we want to focus on the ways that
> distribution technologies can be leveraged to allow for easier
> creation of a multi-verse of artifacts from single source trees.

Uhm, what does that *mean*, in technical terms?

> We also
> want to continue to highlight the huge efforts being made in shared
> environments around Build/Test/Release cycles.

Define 'shared environments'?

> We welcome submissions targeted at contributors interested in issues
> unique to distributions, especially in the following topics:
>
> - Distribution and Community collaborations, eg: how does code flow from
>   developers to end users across communities, ensuring trust and code
>   audibility
    ^^^^^^^^^^

I propose reviving speak(1).

> - Automating building software for redistribution to minimize human
>   involvement, eg: bots that branch and build software, bots that
>   participate as team members extending human involvement

Counterproductive.

> - Cross-distribution collaboration on common issues, eg: content
>   distribution, infrastructure, and documentation

What's cross-distribution? Is it like cross-pollination?

> - Growing distribution communities, eg: onboarding new users, helping
>   new contributors learn community values and technology,  increasing
>   contributor technical skills, recognizing and rewarding contribution

Sounds like a schoolteacher approach to me. An onboarding school, haha!

> - Principals of Rolling Releases, Long Term Supported Releases (LTS),
>   Feature gated releases, and calendar releases

You do know that calendar releases have been obsolete since cal(1),
right?

Unless you like pretty pictures.

> - Distribution construction, installation, deployment, packaging and
>   content management

Ooh yes, when installing OpenBSD I'm very very interested in content
management, woohoo!

> - Balancing new code and active upstreams verus security updates, back
>   porting and minimization of user breaking changes

{,L}users are broken by design, so we don't need to worry about that =)

> - Delivering architecture independent software universally across
>   architectures within the confines of distribution systems

Gibberish.

> - Effectively communicating the difference in experience across
>   architectures for developers, packagers, and users

Ever heard of manual pages? They're great!

> - Working with vendors and including them in the community

What vendors? Most of them ain't interested.

> - The future of distributions, emerging trends and evolving user demands
>   from the idea of a platform

I DEMAND WINDOZE 3193179381, AND I DEMAND IT NOW!!!11!!1!! WEEEEHEEEE!11!!!

> Ideal submissions are actionable and opinionated. Submissions may
> be in the form of 25 or 50 minute talks, panel sessions, round-table
> discussions, or Birds of a Feather (BoF) sessions.

Actionable? Prolly. Opinionated? Yup. Write me in!

And I'll sign it with my shit.

Stop spamming us, really.

        --schaafuit.