On 11/6/2017 9:29 PM, trondd wrote:
On Mon, November 6, 2017 8:50 pm, Scott Bennett wrote:
pass quick proto { tcp, udp } to port $udp_ports

Because you're telling pf to pass all taffic on port domain to anywhere.
Quick rules stop evaluation and you never hit the rdr-to rules below.

Oh, duh. I thought it had to be something minor that I wasn't seeing.

# Redirect DNS Queries
pass in on $wifi  proto { udp, tcp } from any to any port domain \
      rdr-to $wifi_ip  port domain label "dns-redirect"
pass in on $wired proto { udp, tcp } from any to any port domain \
      rdr-to $wired_ip port domain label "dns-redirect"

What is on your LAN that isn't using your DHCP settings for DNS?  Why
redirect instead of just blocking DNS from the LAN to all but unbound?

I want to be able to enforce that all queries get funneled to OpenDNS. I
don't want someone to be able to outsmart the filter, at least at this
one level. Redirection lets me configure the laptops to have their own
hard-coded configurations when out and about, and then when I come home
they transparently query the gateway with no changes. Blocking would
probably result in me trying to load a page when I get home, failing,
then remembering to change the DNS config.