On Mon, Nov 20, 2017 at 08:37:43AM +0000, Roderick wrote:

> Commenting out the line "/usr/libexec/reorder_kernel &" at the
> end of rc?
>
> I suspect it is not forseen not to benefice of KARL.

No, actually, if the hash of the kernel is different than expected, the
reorder_kernel aborts and doesn't generate a new one. So you don't need
to do anything explicitly after the config -e to avoid your change being
wiped out. What I did was update the saved hash with one matching my
modified kernel (not quite understanding what was going on yet) which
caused KARL to wipe my changes out with the default.