On Mon, 04 Dec 2017 06:22:17 -0500

> > >  We like booting from the SD, but they have none.
> >
> > How do you manage flash wear? Set up mfs all over the place? I much
> > prefer and need SATA anyway.
> >
>  This might have been an issue 20 years ago.
> It is not any more.
> Please stop spreading FUD.

I assume SD means microSD or something other than SSD. If not I
apologise.

The latest atom boards come with 16-64 GB emmc onboard.
Apparently emmc may? perform wear levelling, SD would not unless you
pay a fortune for a special SD card. There seems to be a lot of
misinformation in this area which is quite dangerous considering what
some of these devices may be used for.

http://eu.mouser.com/new/Swissbit/swissbit-industrial-SD-memory/

There are special embedded filesystems (often pay for) that do wear
leveling for standard SD, not sure if they reserve 20% of the space.

I am fairly sure even emmc does not reserve 20% like sandforce/SSD
does and so a full filesytem could fail quickly. Perhaps an unused
partition could solve that??