"This page intentionally left non-blank"?

14. des. 2017 10:26 p.m. skrev "Christian Weisgerber" <na...@mips.inka.de>:

On 2017-12-13, Ingo Schwarze <schwa...@usta.de> wrote:

> That is not a stand-alone command, but a shell built-in.
> Actually, it is not even possible to implement it as a stand-alone
> command because the effect of the intended change would end when
> the command exits.

I think there is/was a POSIX requirement, or at least some people
interpreted it that way, that all shell builtins must also exist
as external commands, and I seem to remember one system, AIX I think,
that actually had an external version of cd(1).  It didn't do
anything sensible, of course, but it was there.

Indeed, proof that I'm not hallucinating this:
https://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/en/ssw_aix_72/
com.ibm.aix.cmds1/cd.htm

--
Christian "naddy" Weisgerber                          na...@mips.inka.de