On Thu, Jan 4, 2018 at 10:49 AM, Daniel Wilkins <t...@parlementum.net> wrote:
> From what I understand, AMD has come out and explicitly said that their
> architecture isn't and has never been vulnerable, while Intel's said that
> it affects every processor in the last 20+ years and that it's "not a big
> deal for most users" because it's only a kernel memory *read*.

I think you should interpret this as saying that there is a part of
that specific exploit implementation which AMD cpus have not
implemented.

But keep in mind, also, that the exploit involves multiple hardware
components (not only sloppy cpu instruction scheduling but shoddy
power management interacting with cheap dynamic ram refresh).

Of course, I have also misused my adjectives here. The cpu scheduling
is just wonderful, the power management is professional and the memory
implementation is beyond high tech. Sales people are omniscient and
thus have good reason for ... ah, ... never mind. I'm going to go
crawl back under my rock.

Good luck,

--
Raul