Hi,

I don't see this issue on my Debian system, but please try two things:

* disable kvm_intel.preemption_timer on the host
(see /sys/module/kvm_intel/parameters/preemption_timer )
This seems to be buggy in linux 4.10 and newer

* enable hpet in the vm config:
Make sure there is no <timer name='hpet' present='no'/>  in your libvirt
xml (or don't pass -ho-hpet to qemu). Unfortunately, newer libvirt
versions seem to disable hpet by default.

Different issue: If you remove the USB controllers, the CPU load on
the host will reduce by a few percent (~ 3%). Add

<controller type='usb' index='0' model='none'/>

and remove all other usb controller sections. Just removing the usb
controller sections without adding the 'none' makes libvirt add them back
(this is stupid).

Cheers,
Stefan