On Sat, Jan 13, 2018 at 07:28:28AM -0500, George wrote:
> On Sat, 23 Dec 2017 12:36:03 -0700
> Steve Williams <st...@williamsitconsulting.com> wrote:
> > I have one of those cards (WLE200NX ) in my APU.  Be aware that
> > OpenBSD drivers don't give very fast performance for it.  Lots about
> > it in the email list archives.
> >
> > Mine shows up (OpenBSD 6.1) as:
> >
> >     athn0 at pci4 dev 0 function 0 "Atheros AR9281" rev 0x01: apic 5
> > int 16 athn0: AR9280 rev 2 (2T2R), ROM rev 22, address
> > 04:f0:21:1b:b3:68
>
> Thanks Steve that is good to know. Do you have any numbers to share,
> comparison under different OS maybe?
> Regards,
> George

Devices supported by the new bwfm(4) driver could be interesting as well.
http://man.openbsd.org/bwfm
This driver is not yet enabled by default in -current but performance
looks promising and it does support hostap mode already.

Note that these devices use a relatively huge(*) closed-source proprietary
firmware which gives the driver relatively little control over operation
of the device. This means security of these devices is the responsibility
of Broadcom alone, and there is no way around this. We cannot make any
promises regarding security. Do not buy these products if that worries you.

(*) This firmware contains a complete 11ac wireless stack implementation,
i.e. all of the functionality our code base ships in sys/net80211/ and
much more. What appears to the OS looks almost like an Ethernet device.
If^WWhen a serious bug is found after Broadcom ends support, these
devices become dangerous.