Hello misc@!

I just wanted to share a problem and a solution that I encountered.  Just
posting to maybe help someone else in the future, and perhaps a developer
feels that improving a particular error message could be important enough.

My goal was to create an installation with a fully encrypted hard drive
using a keydisk, and at first reboot into the installed system I got this:

    Booting from hard disk...
    Using drive 0, partition 3.
    probing: pc0 com0 com1 mem[638K 3582M 496M a20=on]
    disk: hd0+ hd1+ hd2 sr0*
    >> OpenBSD/amd64 BOOT 3.33
    unknown KDF type 2
    open(sr0a:/etc/boot.conf): Operation not permitted
    boot>

The error message "unknown KDF type 2" is the one that maybe could
be improved...

The mistake was that I used an USB keydisk size 16 GB and kept an 8 GB
MSDOS section at the start of the disk, then the OpenBSD section
with an 'a' 8 GB 4.2BSD partition and a 'd' 1 2048 sectors RAID partition
for the keydisk.  You see where this is heading...

The keydisk partition was simply out of reach for the boot(8, amd64)
program.  The boot command "machine diskinfo" gave a hint since the disk
geometry there had fewer cylinders than what fdisk(8) had said, i.e it said
(if I recall correctly) C,H,S=1024,255,65, i.e the infamous 8.4 GB limit,
while in fdisk the disk appeared to have about 1900 cylinders.

So I moved the OpenBSD section to the start of the disk, the keydisk
partition to the start of the OpenBSD section, and the MSDOS section
at the end of the disk, and the installation booted.

Best regards