On 2018/01/21 20:00, Jordon wrote:

> > Bingo!  I copied all the necessary libs to corresponding usr/lib dirs and
> > got the chrooted programs to run from a chroot command, but they would
> > still not work from the cgi program.  You pointing out that popen requires
> > sh got me thinking.  Sh was already in /var/www/bin but it had 000 for
> > perms.  I make it 111 and it works now!  Thanks!
>
> Looks like I spoke too soon.  The uname and all required libs that i copied
> into the chroot is working fine.  The ping (that was already there) and my
> homemade program both work fine when manually executed in the chroot, but do
> nothing when run through popen().  How do you even debug this?

Tips:

- run it from the command line (chroot /var/www /cgi-bin/whatever), watch
for error messages in the output

- run it under ktrace (if this was running from slowcgi, something like
"ktrace -i -p `pgrep slowcgi`", then try to call it, then ktrace -C),
you may find some clue in the output from kdump