Built a new system, and it didn't have all the fonts that were on the
old one. I looked for msttcorefonts as a package, and didn't find it. So
I went through ports and found it, and some other font sets that I
remembered from before, make, make build, make install.

At the end of each make install I was advised to add the new fonts to my
fontpath, but I don't know where that is lives, and apropos returns
only XSetFontPath, XFreeFontPath, XGetFontPath(3), seemingly indicating
that this is done programmatically.

There are new directories in /usr/local/share/fonts.

The new fonts do not show up in LibreOffice. I do, however, have many
noto fonts for languages that I don't need to work with very often. So
to speak.

What have I missed?

--

Edward Ahlsen-Girard