I use ls -lu and find -atime quite frequently. I've also been using OpenBSD
as a desktop (with all the insane disk activity of a browser cache, temp
files, git, etc) while doing absolutely nothing special using SATA SSD
drives. I'm running Softraid crypto on one, running without softraid on the
other. No snazzy mount options outside the defaults. It's been as reliable
as any spinning rust I've used. You're keeping good backups regardless,
right? Because that protects you from many more likely failure modes than
wear-level-exhaustion on SSD.