Hello Aham,

On 02/18/18 21:09, Aham Brahmasmi wrote:
Hi Carlos,

Thank you for your response.

I have been learning and understanding OpenBSD for around one month now.
As such, I had installed -release, and used syspatch to reach -stable.

I have spent some time right now trying to understand the mechanism to
reach -current from -stable.

 From what I understand, I first need to upgrade to the latest snapshot.
 From there, I need to use source build instructions at
https://www.openbsd.org/faq/faq5.html#Bld to reach -current.

There's no need to build from source, just upgrading via the latest
snapshot suffices.

I would like to do the above because I am also interested in the spamd
and IPv6 diff that phessler@ has. But right now, I am quite a bit
inexperienced, so you would have to be patient with me.

 From what I understand, to install snapshot I need to download
https://ftp.openbsd.org/pub/OpenBSD/snapshots/amd64/bsd.rd, boot that
at the boot prompt and then (U)pgrade from there.

That is correct.
If you don't intent to work on the source, there's no need to build it
yourself.

martijn@