> Then I need to install the latest -current and make a bug report.
> I've had the same problem with several USB 3 flashes on different
> computers. I was hoping the problem would eventually get fixed.

I had similar issues with very cheap usbsticks. could be about the usb
controller or xhci implementation, too.

> It's a Sandisk Ultra Fit? I will look for one or order one.
> I have wondered if the actual flash drives themselves were the problem.

Yes, i wanted a short stick in the notebook. Already broke a few of
the longer ones...

> If anyone reading this can tell me what info I need to include in the
> bug report, I will add it.
>
> Did you do anything special with swap or /tmp? I want to duplicate your
> setup more or less.

cat /etc/fstab
dd105848521bf1c4.b none swap sw
dd105848521bf1c4.a / ffs rw,wxallowed,noatime,softdep 1 1

[root@x131e jan]$  disklabel sd1
# /dev/rsd1c:
type: SCSI
disk: SCSI disk
label: Ultra Fit
duid: 417e539322cdb9e2
flags:
bytes/sector: 512
sectors/track: 63
tracks/cylinder: 255
sectors/cylinder: 16065
cylinders: 3738
total sectors: 60062500
boundstart: 64
boundend: 60050970
drivedata: 0

16 partitions:
#                size           offset  fstype [fsize bsize   cpg]
  a:         60050906               64    RAID
  c:         60062500                0  unused

[root@x131e jan]$  disklabel sd2
# /dev/rsd2c:
type: SCSI
disk: SCSI disk
label: SR CRYPTO
duid: dd105848521bf1c4
flags:
bytes/sector: 512
sectors/track: 63
tracks/cylinder: 255
sectors/cylinder: 16065
cylinders: 3737
total sectors: 60050378
boundstart: 64
boundend: 60034905
drivedata: 0

16 partitions:
#                size           offset  fstype [fsize bsize   cpg]
  a:         58733568               64  4.2BSD   2048 16384 12958 # /
  b:          1301273         58733632    swap                    # none
  c:         60050378                0  unused

> By the way, I can't manage to get UEFI to work on USB disks. Did you?

Haven't tried yet.

> Thanks, glad to know it is possible to have things work properly.

the ultrafit gets quite hot, but thats due to its small size. same under win10.
everything else runs perfect :-)