On 2018-03-07, jungle Boogie <jungleboog...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> With the latest openbsd snapshot:
> OpenBSD 6.3-beta (GENERIC.MP) #40: Wed Mar  7 12:51:00 MST 201
>
> It seems I cannot build or update go projects:
>
> $ go get -u github.com/justwatchcom/gopass
> Abort trap (core dumped)
>
> dmesg shows:
> trap pid 74737 tid 99500 type 6: sp c420024750 not inside
> 7f7fffbef000-7f7ffffee000
>
> A week or two ago, I was able to update this project without any issues.
> I can't run 'go' without the abort trap.
>
> Anyone else running openbsd snapshots experiencing this?

There's a stack safety diff which is in snapshots (for detailed
information see https://marc.info/?l=openbsd-tech&m=152035796722258&w=2:
in a nutshell "You may no longer point your stack register at non-stack
memory.  You'll be killed.")

SBCL needs a change to work with this; see joshe's update on ports@.

Go also needs a change.

Apart from those two: ports bulk builds haven't quite finished yet,
but it's looking likely that there won't be other significant impact.
A few bootstraps need rebuilding, that's all we've run into so far.