On 03/15/18 19:39, Edgar Pettijohn wrote:

Is there a man page template somewhere that I can use to get started
writing a manual?

No more so than there is a template somewhere that will get you started writing Shakespeare. The mdoc macros encourage consistency of layout. But the words come from the writer.

Read the OpenBSD manpages. All of them. And I mean "read" them, like a novel. Learn the style. The tightness of the prose. Buy and worship a copy of Strunk and White. (You should do that regardless of this project.)

The Plan 9 manpages are also a demonstration of eloquence. Although there are differing opinions about the layout :-P None of that changes the conciseness of the writing, and that's what matters.

--lyndon