> There is a patch on rust-openssl to force the build using the latest
> suppported version (see
> lang/rust/patches/patch-src_vendor_openssl-sys_build_rs).
Applying the patch worked

> Running testsuite is usually a good method to check breakage.
And the test suite passed
> For me, rust FFI is a bit a shame: it is a *copy* of C headers, written
> and maintained in Rust language. It is good for crosscompilation (as
> Rust know how to build stuff without any C headers), but it is awful to
> maintain and keep up-to-date.
I think I recall work being done on that front? And as I'm writting this
I realize you're the own who started the git issue. Issue #2239 on the
rust github. (pasting in st is a bit bonkers right now, so I'm not copy
pasting the url)

Thanks for the help