> Hello,
>
> i am playing with ARDUINO UNO on my 6.2 stable laptop.
> I am trying to read the serial monitor message from the board.
>
> from dmesg:
> (...)
> umodem0 at uhub3 port 1 configuration 1 interface 0 "Arduino SrlArduino
> Uno" rev 1.10/0.01 addr 3
> umodem0: data interface 1, has no CM over data, has break
> umodem0: status change notification available
> ucom0 at umodem0
> --> which device is corresponding ?

ucom0 from dmesg means it is /dev/cuaU0 (and /dev/ttyU0), ucom1 -> cuaU1
and so on.
Then use "cu" or something if you want to interact with it manually.
"cu -s 9600 -l /dev/cuaU0" for 9k6 connections. (though 115200 is probably
nicer,
otherwise the Serial.print()s will spend too much time talking slow to the
computer
which also can handle lots faster speeds.