Hello

I cloned a disk that had OpenBSD installed via

    dd if=/dev/r{source_dev} of=/dev/r{target_dev} bs=16m

Now when I boot from the cloned disk I get the following error
    login: reorder_kernel: kernel relinking failed; see
/usr/share/compile/GENERIC.MP
    /relink.log

When I cat "relink.log" I get
     (SHA256) /bsd: FAILED

Does this mean that a machine specific hash / checksum required to
validate / execute the kernel relink is not working or what?

Otherwise the machine works fine.

Is the error a real cause for concern? Cloning a working setup with dd
as I did saves me a bunch of time vs. installing and configuring a new
system.

Also, how to correct the error, if possible?

Thanks