Hi Peter,

On Wed, Apr 11, 2018 at 07:58:56PM +0200, Peter J. Philipp wrote:
| Sorry to be writing this twice.  Not my day.
|
| The complete path where I downloaded this from was
| https://ftp.eu.openbsd.org/pub/OpenBSD/snapshots/amd64/install63.iso
|
| including the SHA256.sig which I check against.
|
| Also:
|
| beta$ dig ftp.eu.openbsd.org +short
| 193.156.26.18
| beta$ dig ftp.eu.openbsd.org +short aaaa
| 2001:700:3:4017::100

I downloaded those exact two files from the same IP addresses and the
signature verified OK for me:

[weerd@pom] $ ftp -4 https://ftp.eu.openbsd.org/pub/OpenBSD/snapshots/amd64/i >
Trying 193.156.26.18...
Requesting https://ftp.eu.openbsd.org/pub/OpenBSD/snapshots/amd64/install63.iso
100% |**************************************************|   339 MB 01:41
355909632 bytes received in 101.67 seconds (3.34 MB/s)
[weerd@pom] $ nBSD/snapshots/amd64/SHA256.sig                                 <
Trying 193.156.26.18...
Requesting
https://ftp.eu.openbsd.org/pub/OpenBSD/snapshots/amd64/SHA256.sig
100% |**************************************************|  2152 00:00
2152 bytes received in 0.00 seconds (1.02 MB/s)
[weerd@pom] $ sd-63-base.pub -x SHA256.sig install63.iso                      <
Signature Verified
install63.iso: OK

(Note that I forced IPv4 as IPv6 was rather slow for me, but both
addresses match what your dig gave you).

So, some options:

Maybe you caught the mirror mid-update.  Perhaps a bit fell over due
to cosmic radiation hitting your machine at the wrong moment,
affecting a bit of RAM.  Maybe your storage medium is dying.

Could be various reasons why it failed; can you try again and see if
it still fails?  Try also on another machine, if you have one around.
I got WxAW3clMg3BLs/NBq58q9lMGlWFQLAOW5ToeltQlSyU= as a sha256 hash.

Cheers,

Paul 'WEiRD' de Weerd

                 http://www.weirdnet.nl/