I only use the following in the .xinitrc file to start Xfce: xfce4-session

Best regards
Freddy

On Friday, 13 April 2018 12:38:36 CEST, Olivier REGNIER wrote:
Hi,

After xfce was installed, I used the xinitrc file found in /usr/local/share/examples/xfce4-session.

It is very complete.

Xfce runs but ck-launch-session is not executed.

Here is the script related to ck-launch-session:

# run xfce4-session if installed

  # check if we start xfce4-session with ck-launch-session. this is only
   # required for starting from a console, not a login manager
   if test "$XFCE4_SESSION_WITH_CK" = "1"; then
       ck-launch-session xfce4-session
     else
       echo "You have tried to start Xfce with consolekit support, but"
       echo "ck-launch-session is not installed."
       echo "Aborted startup..."
       echo

       exit 1
     fi