Hi all,

I was able to setup relayd(8) with URL-based redirection to either a
local application server or to httpd(8), both listening on lo0; relayd
also terminates TLS. However, the man pages were not very helpful and I
ended up resorting to stackoverflow and trial and error.

I recommend an example like this be added to relayd.conf(5) man page:

  table <localhost>    { 127.0.0.1 }
  table <localhostapi> { 127.0.0.1 }

  http protocol "https" {
    match header set "X-Forwarded-For" \
      value "$REMOTE_ADDR"
    match header set "X-Forwarded-By" \
      value "$SERVER_ADDR:$SERVER_PORT"
    match header set "Keep-Alive" value "$TIMEOUT"

    pass request quick path "/api/*" forward to <localhostapi>
    pass request quick forward to <localhost>
    block
  }

  relay "main" {
    protocol "https"
    listen on 0.0.0.0 port 443 tls
    forward to <localhostapi> port 3000
    forward to <localhost> port 4443
  }

I think that would be helpful for others who want to do what I did...
any thoughts?

--Aaron