> On 5 May 2018, at 03:23, Duncan Patton a Campbell <campb...@neotext.ca> wrote:
>

> I am looking for documentation on running php-cgi-5.6 under the bsd httpd
> server.
>
> From what I can tell, the function of php-fastcgi has been subsumed to
> php-cgi-5.6,
> but further than that I can find little or no salient documentation.  Any
> pointers
> would be appreciated.

Hi Duncan,

Everything you need to know is in a README when you install the pkg.

$ less /usr/local/share/doc/pkg-readmes/php-7.0.28

Unfortunately the php example has been removed from /etc/examples/httpd.conf

But you need something like the following in your httpd.conf:

server "default" {
        listen on $ext_addr port 80
        location "/.well-known/acme-challenge/*" {
                root { "/acme", strip 2 }
        }
        location "*.php" {
                fastcgi socket "/run/php-fpm.sock"