Hi Patrick,

thanks for the infos.  I'm afraid you're out of luck, it seems
that this device would need vendor-/model-specific extensions
in our HID-mouse driver.  It only announces two "regular" buttons,
so our driver won't look for more (what xinput shows as buttons 4
and 5 are mappings from "Z axis" values).  No kind of button
mapping will help.  If it's a workaround for you, you might enable
middle-button emulation in X.