On Wed, May 16, 2018 at 04:51:24PM +0800, Nan Xiao wrote:

> Maybe a dumb question here. I want to use -current snapshot, and
> my current OBSD is 6.3. So I download the newest -current bsd.rd,
> and use it to upgrade. It prompts me the upgrade is success, but
> the system can't boot. So I think this method only applies to system
> is already -current, right? Because I can't find answer from
> https://www.openbsd.org/faq/current.html, just want to confirm it.

I imagine most people who run snapshots tend to (like me) jump from one
recent snapshot to slightly newer ones, but in principle going from the
most recent release to a snapshot should not be much different from
upgrading from one release to the next.

With the info provided it's next to impossible to pinpoint just what fails
in your case, but my hunch is that you made some sort of mistake during
the upgrade process. Hard to tell which without more information about
your environment and hardware (dmesg much appreciated when supplied).

- Peter

http://bsdly.blogspot.com/ http://www.bsdly.net/ http://www.nuug.no/