giant@cock.email writes:

> Hi everyone,
>
> I have a routing question which I don't know how to solve. I have two
> routers. Both are connected to my ISP and get a dynamic IP. Both are
> also connected to a local VLAN. I'd like to use the local VLAN for any
> traffic in between the two and the ISP for everything else. Basically,
> it should be like:
>
>   # Router A
>   1.2.3.x (DHCP)
>   10.0.0.1/30
>   10.0.1.1/24
>
>   # Router B
>   2.3.4.x (DHCP)
>   10.0.0.2/30
>   10.0.2.1/24
>
>   # Network A: 10.0.1.0/24
>   route 0.0.0.0/0 via 10.0.0.1
>   route 2.3.4.x/32 via 10.0.0.2
>
>   # Network B: 10.0.2.0/24
>   route 0.0.0.0/0 via 10.0.0.2
>   route 1.2.3.x/32 via 10.0.0.1
>
> I've tried doing this with BGP with a config like this (on Router A,
> by example):
>
>   AS 65001
>   router-id 10.0.0.1
>   network inet connected
>
>   neighbor 10.0.0.2 {
>           remote-as 65002
>   }
>
> The problem here is that a computer in Network A will now try to use
> Router B to connect to IP-address 2.3.4.5, whereas I want it to use
> Router A.
>
> I'd appreciate if anyone could lead me in the right direction
> here. The reason why I'm doing is: I want to keep two networks
> separate, letting them browse the Internet with different IP
> addresses, but use the immediate link between the local routers for
> better performance.
>
> Kind regards,
> John Longe

hello

I'm not sure to understand your need. You don't need BGP for
this. Adding a route on router A, accessing network B through router B
is all you need. Computers on the dhcp client of A will use router A as
a default gateway and then will be able to reach network B computers.

And then, do the same on the other router.

Or maybe I totally missed your need.