Hi,
I have this question in my mind for a time now, if I download OpenBSD
and install all the applications from packages do OpenBSD and the apps
use for example AVX512 ? I mean, if I understand correctly, the
compiler should optimize the code for a given set of instructions,
given that, for example, the amd64 distribution works on machines with
and without AVX I assume that the packages are built without AVX
support, is this correct?
If so, building from ports would produce a different code?
Is the same for the OpenBSD build? Would I get a better performance if
I compile from source instead of installing from the packages?

I know that is a silly question, is just that I'm not used to think in
terms of compiled languages, and I want to get this question out of my
head. xD

Elias.