Quoting from [1]:

<<Our freedom to upload media and share links, and thus to express ourselves
online, is under threat.>>

Comments:

We neved had the freedom to upload (distribute) the property of someone else
without explicit licence. We do have the licence to quote, however.

Sharing a link is the internet version of citing a publication. However, links
are used to point at pirated copies if someone else's property.

The new regulation aims at suppressing pirates, not our freedom of expression.

Having said this, there is hardly any awareness of the ongoing debate on
European media.