> > The first problem is: when I listen to music (cmus) and browse in the
> > internet (Firefox) cmus sometimes stops playing for a second.
> > This happens when I click a link on a page or receive some notification
> > from the web page (which may play some short sound)
>
> I am having the same problem when using USB audio device:
>
> uaudio0 at uhub10 port 7 configuration 1 interface 0 "Burr-Brown from TI USB
> Audio DAC" rev 1.10/1.00 addr 3
> uaudio0: audio rev 1.00, 2 mixer controls
> audio1 at uaudio0
>
> There is a short interruption in sound when browsing. I think, the
> exact time this happens is when Firefox launches new content process
> on opening a new tab. There's 4 such processes by default, and it
> looks like the issue mostly goes away when there's more then 4 tabs
> already open.
>
> Issue can be reproduced without involvement of sndiod or a media
> player by just running cat > /dev/audio1 < /dev/random. I was unable
> to pinpoint any reliable triggers, other than Firefox. Nothing happens
> in Chrome. Playback on built-in audio device is not affected.

While I'm no expert in the matter and have never tried cmus, I know that other
ports like mpg123 and moc exhibit the same behavior that you are describing. On
the other hand, mpv doesn't seem affected, even when playing audiostream + full
HD video. I suspect it may be related to how the ports handle threading, and if
your heart isn't set on cmus specifically, you can probably find a different
port that will suit your needs. Best advice I got on this... :/