I use 6.3 on my T450S. Works great. Also have installed easily on the Dell
E7240 and E7440. I prefer the Thinkpad but the Dell is solid also. You can
probably get one of each for under $1000. Likely you will want to replace the
battery either way but all of these machines are available used quite
reasonably and new batteries are available for all.