On 19/06/18 19:47, Stuart Henderson wrote:
On 2018-06-19, Leo Unglaub <l...@unglaub.at> wrote:
i have searched the list archive and found some similar reports but none
of them found a solution for the problem. (at least not the threads i
have found)

I run some OpenBSD 6.3 instances in a virtual environment. The host is
some unknown Linux distribution with qemu on it. After the data center
updated there kernels and also qemu my virtual OpenBSD instances startet
to freeze randomly but almost always during login. They freeze up so
hard that i cannot drop into a debugger or get any output whatsoever.
There is not even a core dump, nothing. Just for testing purposes i
installed a 6.2 as well and did syspatch on it just to see if the error
happens there as well and it does. I have added a dmesg on the bottom of
the email.

I talked to the people at the datacenter and they confirmed that they
did a Linux kernel update at the same time as the problems started. They
send me a link to this bug report here from Arch. They say they don't
use Arch, but the problem described here is exactly what i experienced
as well: https://bugs.archlinux.org/task/55231
They should try setting this on the host:

kvm-intel.preemption_timer=0

It seems that this patch on linux kernel fixes the problem.

https://patchwork.kernel.org/patch/10411125/