On 21-06-2018 10:30, Stefan Sperling wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 21, 2018 at 10:07:06AM +0200, Janne Johansson wrote:
>> Den ons 20 juni 2018 kl 19:59 skrev Henrik Dige Semark <h...@semark.dk>:
>>
>>> Hey everybody,
>>>
>>> # Server 1
>>> My /etc/hostname.* for CARP's and pfsync + host adaptor:
>>> https://pastebin.com/vrtuPqnQ
>>> My /etc/pf.conf: https://pastebin.com/yhVkG4x4
>>>
>>> # Server 2
>>> My /etc/hostname.* for CARP's and pfsync + host adaptor:
>>> https://pastebin.com/a7fuM923
>>> My /etc/pf.conf: https://pastebin.com/xNr1TtZ7
>>>
>>> Any help or pointers would be fantastic.
>>> I have struggled with this for a week now and I'm running out of idears -
>>> the only solution I have right now is turning off the backup server.
>>>
>> You should have different advskew on  expected master and slave carps, no?
> Looks to me like that is already the case (Server 1 is has advskew 0,
> Server 2 has advskew 100).
To be fair, I have just changed it to see if it makes a difference, but
I still have the problem with package-loss - I'll try to change it to
20/80 later, it's a good idea if I want to change around easy between
the servers.
>> Also, we used to have something like 20 for master and 80 on slave so one
>> can place slaves before master, or master after slave if you want to signal
>> "I am still running but would like to hand over to the other if we can".
> The carp demote counter is also relevant to failover and is sometimes
> raised at run-time when interface output errors occur. The advskew value
> only matters as long as the demote counter is equal on both sides.
> See 'ifconfig -g carp' and the 'carpdemote' directives documented in
> the INTERFACE GROUPS section of the ifconfig man page.
Both servers have
# ifconfig -g carp
carp: carp demote count 0
> To avoid potential routing issues, I would recommend setting netmasks
> to /32 on all carp interfaces if they share a subnet with an Ethernet
> interface.
The only carp that is in the same subnet is carp1 and host interface em0
so that I can connect to each server directly, but I have solved the
routing with creating a different routing table, but it would be a good
idea to change it to /32 so that it's only the default gw that is on the
CARP and nothing else.

Snippet from: Robert Blacquiere <open...@blacquiere.nl>
> Just a quick thought as em devices are emulated on kvm did you try
> disableling hw offloading on the interfaces? I had some similair issue
> with a vps pings seem to work but other traffic had drops.
I haven't tried to disable HW offload, but do you think it could be a
problem, when it worked fin under older versions of OpenBSD?

Med Venlig Hilsen / Best Regards
Henrik Dige Semark