On Thu, Jun 28, 2018 at 10:26:12AM +0300, Özgür Kazancci wrote:
> I don't want to build Nginx from source. I cannot do that - it's a
> production server.

If this server is that important, that you can't afford the downtime
for a restart (to load the new binaries), you should consider a
loadbalancer and a second nginx, which you can update. If you update the
other, the loadbalancer should recognize and don't forward any traffic.
If you don't have machines for this, you could even do it on the same
machine. Setup a local loadbalancer and two nginx instances to
loadbalance. If the hardware dies, you will have your downtime anyways.
But remember: Every downtime is your maintenance window ;).

hth,
Marc