Hello Man, all,

please find my answers in line and a little more  in line

On 14 July 2018 at 03:05, Man Hobby <manhob...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> What is the opinion of employers about OpenBSD?

as a small business owner who has benefited and use OpenBSD in
some critical components of our infrastructure we think highly of it.
and we are trying to expand our use of it in our business.

I dont think OpenBSD , BSD (or any Unix) is thought enough in college
It for some reason is not being introduced to college students studying
computer related degrees.
as an employer I would say that there could be more training programs
offered online to make the barrier of entry easier for BSD

I particularly like the effort that the folks in
http://www.bsdcertification.org/
are doing in particular I appreciate the time and effort Dru Lavigne has
put in to try to make the certification exams mean something.
I have taken the exam and the questions were well written, and fair.
and gave a fair indication of my knowledge of BSD at the time.

there are many certifications out there that are not worth the paper they
are written on, either because of exam dumps, exam questions not
quite capturing the candidates abilities.

I think the availability of readily available trained staff is a
consideration
when a business opts to adopt a technology. and I think that this can
impact whether or not a business adopts BSD

> There is reason for to learn use OpenBSD to find job?

Proficiency in OpenBSD would mean that you have a good technical aptitude
you are not afraid of the command-line and you probably can script a few
things
to make our processes more efficient.
and you would be capable of managing Unix systems in particular
and with some additional training on systemd you would be able to run some
linux systems :) (not saying you want to learn systemd) .
OpenBSD skills are transferable and chances are you would
be able to show other Sys Admins in that job  the awesomeness of OpenBSD :)

> If not, why?
>
> If there is not reason for to learn use OpenBSD to find job, why use
> OpenBSD?

Are you looking for a job or a career where you will be happy and possibly
make a difference  ? there are lots of jobs with lower skill requirements
however
the opportunity to develop your skills is  limited.
the more challenging  engaging jobs are fewer and farther between,

Lastly I would like to add that the project is not about being popular or
widely deployed
it is about improving security, through the use of good design and coding
practices.
where good design and coding is not enough they innovate to create exploit
mitigation
technologies. there is alot of work that they do to make all these things
happen. they focus
on that rather than trying to market themselves, or train newcomers. I
think users (like me)
should probably put more time into helping the project
(if we cant code perhaps we can write about how we build systems using
openBSD)

For more information on getting started on OpenBSD check out

http://www.openbsdjumpstart.org/
http://www.bsdcertification.org/
http://www.openbsd.org/events.html
https://www.romanzolotarev.com/   (the stuff that this guy has done in the
past year)
https://bsdly.blogspot.com/

there is some git up site that has a tonne of useful articles and blogs on
how other people
got cool things to work on openbsd and this would be useful (but I cant
remember it)