On Mon, 16 Jul 2018 15:27:40
Marko <marko.cu...@mimar.rs> wrote:

> On Fri, 13 Jul 2018 23:05:09 -0300
> Man Hobby <manhob...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > What is the opinion of employers about OpenBSD?
> > There is reason for to learn use OpenBSD to find job?
> > If not, why?
> > If there is not reason for to learn use OpenBSD to find job, why use
> > OpenBSD?
>
> There are employers and employers, as for mine I think their opinion
> goes somewhere along the lines of "This is great, both technically and
> financially wise, but I'd like to have more than one local guy who
> knows how to run this stuff".
>
> Hack with OpenBSD if you like it, and hopefully one day you will be
> able to get some money from it.
>
> Regards,
> --
> Before enlightenment - chop wood, draw water.
> After  enlightenment - chop wood, draw water.
>
> Marko Cupać
> https://www.mimar.rs/

Employers are concerned with depth of team bench. This has led to
working solutions based on perl and OpenBSD or FreeBSD being removed
as soon as I left, because they wanted to use tools they already
knew.

"Removed" instead of "replaced" was a deliberate word choice, btw.

--

Edward Ahlsen-Girard
Ft Walton Beach, FL