> Hello,
>
> jh...@kevla.org (Jay Hart), 2018.07.25 (Wed) 21:31 (CEST):
>> Running a stock 6.3 machine. I just bought a new server and hope to
>> move this drive over, but think I need to move two partitions around
>> at get more space.
>
> I'm not sure you need to...
> My /usr is just 895M. Yours is fuller because you have /usr/local on the
> same slice?
> If so, I'd consider this the problem.
> You'd have slices left after your wd0i[1], but is there unassigned
> space left on the disk?
> If so, I'd create a new slice and put /usr/local there.
>
> More info would have been helpful, show output of mount(8) and df(1),
> disklabel, fdisk, dmesg, perhaps?
>
> [1] what, a wd(4)?! ;-)
>
> Marcus

Actually, I have a separate /usr/local partition, just didn't mention it.

Your post got me thinking (as did some of the others). I've been upgrading this
box since 5.6 or
so and maybe its time to wipe it and start fresh on the new box. Just copy over
my config files
after I'm done.

Since I just follow stable releases, I don't bother downloading the source code
and building
patches, so /usr should stay small and clean with syspatch and sysclean, unless
I'm very wrong
about how they work.

Jay