Fri, 17 Aug 2018 06:23:23 +0000 Rupert Gallagher <r...@protonmail.com>
> Using the serial over lan console, the keyboard keeps working, and it is
> possible to enter the shell. Using the standard console, the keyboard does
> not work. There is plenty of drivers that need to be written. No, I do not
> write/port drivers.
>
> By comparison, both freebsd and centos linux just work out of the box. Both
> dmesgs are attached as reference.
>
> The board is really nice.
>
> On Thu, Aug 16, 2018 at 18:04, Rupert Gallagher <r...@protonmail.com> wrote:
>
> > https://www.supermicro.com/products/motherboard/atom/A2SDi-4C-HLN4F.cfm

Hi misc@,

This one is much quieter, the vendors have reacted to the previous flaw.
As nice as it can get.. before trusting non-technical reviews, be aware:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Goldmont#Erratum
https://www.servethehome.com/another-atom-bomb-intel-e3800-bay-trail-atom-vli89-bug/
https://www.google.com/search?q=intel+c3000+bug

Recurring issue - similar problems were discussed noisily industry wide:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Silvermont#Erratum
https://www.servethehome.com/intel-atom-c2000-series-bug-quiet/
https://www.servethehome.com/intel-atom-c2000-c0-stepping-fixing-the-avr54-bug/
https://www.google.com/search?q=intel+c2000+bug

As with the previous generation processors and main boards, Intel FAILS.
Wait for updated CPU revision boards, consult techs and prepare for RMA.

Kind regards,
Anton Lazarov